By some estimates nearly an additional 2.9 billion people will inhabit our planet by the mid century. This means that our tightening water and food stores supplies will be further strained in a way they have never been strained before. It also means that the world’s energy needs will rise as well. Indeed, a United Nations study says that the world’s energy needs will increase by 60 percent by 2030. At CEMS Experts, we strive to make sure that your company stays in compliance with changing EPA regulations. We do CEMS consulting and CEMS engineering to help your company remain viable and at the same time not add to this potentially calamitous situation. Technology plays a huge role in alleviating these stresses. Here are a few technologies that, in addition to our own boiler MACT CEMS rentals – are or will be game changers in the near future.
- Waste/Energy Conversion: Carbon-based waste can be converted into energy by submitting it to sufficient amounts of heat and pressure. This technology is promising since the source of this kind of waste is everywhere in nature.
- Solar Energy: Speaking of something that is around us all the time – solar energy production is well underway all over the world. So promising is this technology that many local and state governments already offer incentives for people who use it.
- Desalinization: By the middle of the 21st century water shortages will affect nearly a billion people worldwide. This is according to another UN study. One potential solution to this impending crisis is to develop technologies that remove salt from seawater.
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells: This technology is highly debated among some experts. Hydrogen fuel cell production requires other technologies to be added to it. However, cars that run with hydrogen cells not only run on hydrogen they emit only water.
- Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion: The ocean is the biggest natural solar collector in the world. OTEC works by taking advantage in the temperature variation between water that is on the bottom of the ocean (cold) and the ocean’s surface (hot).
Finally, we believe that the key to avoiding energy, food and climate emergencies of the future rest in technological innovation. Government rules for compliance require that companies utilize technology to help them stay in compliance as well. As a responsible world citizen we know that you will want to stay in compliance by using our services and products.